Use lightweight 3M Aluminum Foil Tape 431 for aerospace, appliance and automotive sealing, splicing, holding or masking applications. Our tape has acrylic adhesive and is non degradable, flame, moisture and weather resistant. Thermally conductive, it’s heat and light reflective, and heating and cooling efficient. The acrylic adhesive supplies superior temperature, UV and solvent resistance to produce a strong, lasting and reliable bond.
The tape makes a good maskant in electroplating of aluminium because it will not contaminate the bath. Due to its low moisture vapour transmission rate, this tape offers excellent sealing and patching performance. It is ideal for harsh, long term indoor and outdoor environments. 3M Aluminium Foil Tape 431 meets F.A.R 25.853(a) and meets UL 723 Class L.
• Creative/decorative applications
• Moisture and vapour barrier
• General purpose heat reflector and heat dissipater
• Mechanically hold wires and cooling coils in “white goods” appliances
• Repairs tears on truck trailers and aircraft
• Splicing of thin gauge foils
• General purpose holding, patching and sealing applications – indoors and out