This butyl tape is a solvent free cross linked butyl rubber extruded into a strip on a removable paper liner. It bonds well to most building materials, including polyethylene, forming a non-hardening permanently elastic joint which is extremely durable. Suitable for use as an adhesive/sealant for compression joints where vibration is experienced, and for non-load bearing bonding.
Other applications include:
- Building – Joining DPC’s, cavity trays, reservoir/pond lining, water tank seams, bonding plastic parts and sheeting
- Greenhouses – Joining insulation sheets, bonding glass to aluminium
- Electrical – Bunch cables under outer casing, bond glass to frame in lighting
- Commercial vehicles – Sealing sections, corner joints, roof struts, window openings
- Roofing & Cladding – Joining underfelt membrane
- Air, dust & water seals in automotive & construction industry.
- Bedding of trims, mouldings, windows & door frames in caravans & portable buildings.
- Joining vapour barrier membranes, pond liners and DPCs.
- OEM applications.
- For use where a strong jointing sealant is required which offers excellent bonding characteristics.
Features and Benefits:
- Outstanding service life
- Quality assured to ISO 9001:2000
- 1 year shelf life
- Solvent free
- Very low moisture vapour transmission rate - good forvapour barrier sealing.
- Excellent track record of proven performance
- Unrivalled performance across a wide range of industrial and specialist construction applications.
Item Code: FL310 - Black Butyl Sealant Tape (Hodgsons)
PLEASE NOTE: This product is a 4 week lead time, although we will strive to improve on this.
If you cannot see the butyl tape you want here, please contact us today on 01724 749020 or simply e mail us - email@example.com